About the Department
The Asia Operations department works with Asia Sales division in Hong Kong. We are responsible for Asian markets including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Philippines. We handle Long Distance Coach Bookings and operations for Western Europe region. Our Network department is involved in products purchasing, contracting and operations for UK, IE and Benelux.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Tour Coordinator within our Asia Operations Department
The role is designed to provide excellent customer support and satisfaction through efficient and effective running of the tours. The ideal candidate will ensure a consistent level of problem solving while their customers are in Europe.
You are expected to function as local PR agents and sales support in order to maintain existing customer relationship and to promote future businesses.
The nature of the role will require out of hours work and occasional weekend work
You will be working closely with Sales office, purchasing, network team, LDC team as we as other departments along with the following duties:
- Provide assistance to Asia call centre (KUL) for any EMG handling
- Checking itineraries and making sure schedules are feasible, i.e. LDC service duration is within EU laws; Guide and Tour Leader details are in the system etc.
- Checking final itineraries in LDC and local suppliers, and provide LDC drivers’ details 1 to 2 days before tour departs to sales office. Make sure all details will be informed to tour leader.
- Making courtesy calls/ visits on each tour as per assignment and gather feedback from group to ensure smooth running of tours
- Ensure Courtesy Calls report and record are updated on a daily basis
- Investigating and solving problems with tour leader in a professional and proactive manner with clear and concise tour reports updated
- Meeting and greeting clients/tour leaders and accompany important groups when required
- Carrying out LDC reconfirmation rota as per assignment, ensure LDC reconfirmation record is updated on a daily basis
- Working closely with LDC team to resolve problem on the road, seeking appropriate solution for any customer request.
- Coordinating all services/hotel reservations amendments/extra arrangements according to customers’ requests or change of schedules on the road, ensure other sections and departments are informed accordingly
- Liaising with sales offices, suppliers, and other departments/local offices within Miki regarding the itinerary issues, tour status, and problems on the road
- Negotiating compensation with tour leaders and suppliers to minimize loss for Miki and to maximize Miki profit margin through promoting our other products and services
- Ensure Tours’ rail tickets are received by hotels/ local offices and update system accordingly
- Monitoring the performance of our suppliers’ actual services provided by groups to ensure good quality service is offered
- Carrying emergency phone, providing assistance to ACC on weekend/bank holiday on rota basis.
- Work closely with Network staff on all areas of quality control and help to solve problems with groups which may arise regarding Meals/ Guide-Assistant-Interpreter/ Entrance services etc.
- Action all relevant emails/messages including flagging to related team. E.g. LDC
- To undertake any other duties and ad-hoc projects as requested by the management
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Highly organised
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to drive results through others
- Ability to deliver quickly and accurately
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and multicultural environment
- Technical aptitude with an ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Experience in day to day operations in travel business
- Strong knowledge of European destinations
- Fluent in English
- Additional knowledge of Chinese or any other European/Asian language
With over 50 years experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday.