About the Department
The Contracts and Purchasing team are responsible for sourcing the European Hotel product for both its group and individual (FIT) leisure segments. This involves contracting and managing rates, availability and general terms and conditions with hotels. Additionally we are responsible for the contracting of local service arrangements in some destinations in Europe. We manage relationships with suppliers and provide support to other departments.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Contract Manager within our Contracts and Purchasing Department to be based in our London office.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of contracting hotels in Germany and be fully accountable for negotiating rates, terms and conditions with hotels.
- Target number of new hotel products with consideration to expected volume and in line with company guidelines.
- Negotiate with suppliers/ regularly monitor to ensure MIKI has the best rates.
- Negotiate special offers and exclusive deals with all hotels throughout the year.
- Address and resolve any standard/ service level issues with suppliers.
- Investigate and resolve internal issues with operation/accounts colleagues.
- Closely monitor the room production and work with all the relevant parties to stimulate growth of bookings, room nights and revenue
- Comprehensive understanding of the internal systems and processes in order to contract more efficiently and effectively.
- Undertake ongoing analysis of product and quality within contracting area to maintain consistent product offering for clients.
- Conduct required number of business trips (around 12 – 15 weeks) to improve relations with suppliers and negotiate best in market rates in line with business requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results driven individual
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ambitious with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to develop close working relationships with suppliers to achieve optimum results
- Ability to keep up with the market trends and adapt work towards it
- Available to travel up to 10 weeks a year
- Experience hotel contracting
- A valid driving licence
- Fluent in German desirable
- knowledge of the German market an advantage