Finance Manager - Ebiz
Miki Travel are looking for individuals who are passionate about the travel industry and motivated to join a growing organisation.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience.
We bring incoming tourists from Japan to Europe, more recently expanding into incoming tours from South East Asia to Europe, and the provision of wholesale hotel accommodation and related online products.
Initially reporting to Accounts Department Manager as well as E-business (Ebiz) CEO, the Finance Manager is accountable for providing financial guidance and support to the Ebiz division of Miki Travel Limited.
This role will have a primary focus on understanding Ebiz finance process and support the current Ebiz finance related projects, especially the implementation of a new Ebiz finance system in readiness for Ebiz becoming a separate entity/company in its own right.
Once the new finance system is in operation, this Finance manager will manage the day to day finance operation for Ebiz London entity, and continue to support the further business change and development projects in the finance area.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Participate in various Ebiz division projects in finance area, projects could vary from change of business flow to major finance system development.
Skills and Experience
- Education level minimum of 5 GCSE including English and Math, A Level, HND, Degree or equivalent.
- AAT, ACCA Finalist or QBE
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent communication skills with strong conflict resolution experience.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and accounting Software, experience with Microsoft Dynamic AX or Dynamics 365 is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to act as finance advisor of the management
- Strong organisational & time keeping skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- 5 years of experience in a Finance Department
- 2 years of managing experience
- Ability to work in a project environment: being a team player that has willingness to learn and adapt to change with a flexible approach
With 50 years’ experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday.