Connectivity & Optimization Manager
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel have grown to become one of the most influential Global Wholesaler’s in the world. With offices in over 36 countries around the world we offer a complete travel product. Our business diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours (FIT), large group series, ad-hoc group tours and covers restaurants, coaches and sightseeing products.
We aim to deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction through continuous innovation, development and investment in systems and technology.
About the department
The Connectivity team are responsible for ensuring the system connections between Miki Travel and our Hotel partners are working to an optimal level, passing competitive rates on to our client network, mitigating any challenges experienced with the connections and presenting new ideas for future developments.
We are currently looking to recruit a Connectivity & Optimization Manager to join our Connectivity team within the eBusiness Department.
This new role is focused on ensuring the successful integration of new Channel Manage product in addition to our Travelgate push accounts such as HBSi. The role includes the maintenance and development of existing connections, under the leadership of the Connectivity head of department. The Account Manager will also be responsible for all end to end processes and commercial terms of our Channel Manager systems.
Reporting directly to the Head of Connectivity this role carries the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Channel Manager and other product connectivity solutions to maintain and develop new and existing accounts.
- Lead and prioritise the future development work and enhancements on HBSi & Travelgate push models.
- Act as the lead correspondent between Miki and Travelgate in all commercial and system matters.
- Set out a structured pipeline for future channel manager integrations and work through priority lists based on commercial and business needs.
- Co-ordinate channel manager hotel chain agreements where applicable.
- Ensure all training is conducted to a high standard for the loading and maintenance of Channel Manager and other dynamic product to groups, individuals or remotely based staff.
- Research, plan and prepare training materials and sessions to include ongoing training covering new features or system changes.
- Develop a complete working knowledge of our Channel Manager solution (XML Travelgate), as well as any additional solutions which may be added for the future.
- Support the Implementation team with existing and newly contracted supplier agreements, facilitating the supply of property / rate / room information etc.
- Work with Support and Purchasing teams to identify opportunities for additional product.
- Keep the business informed of any supplier / industry / connectivity issues which may impact the business.
- Proactively use our Business Intelligence systems to run and analyse reports to identify potential issues or opportunities for revenue growth.
- Run quality checks on existing connections to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Collate all information related to product launches and updates and communicate to relevant business partners, both internal and external, to ensure product distribution opportunities are maximised.
Skills and Experience
Relevant skills / characteristics
- Be able to independently identify current/potential problems and determine the best solution by involving the appropriate resources.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects from inception through completion and manage own workload and priorities.
- Recognize commercial priorities and have a good level of negotiation skills.
Required experience / knowledge
- Experience of Hotel Distribution/CRS solutions and a complete understanding of how connectivity systems work.
- Proven experience of managing connectivity Hotel chains, Distribution platforms and Wholesalers
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Prior expertise in managing Channel Manager Connectivity process
- Ability to read and understand XML logs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- A passion for data analysis and troubleshooting.
As well as offering a lively, multicultural environment, our benefits include;
- Continuous training to help you reach your full potential
- Riverside offices in the City of London with great transport links
- Free Gym and Swimming Pool on site
- Digital GP service
- Pension, Life Assurance etc.