About the Department
The Asia Series Department handles Groups coming from Asia travelling around Europe, with same itineraries and different departures spread over a certain period of time. The Department handles the whole booking process and each staff has own areas of responsibilities as well as supporting the rest of the Team as and when needed.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Group Reservation Agent within our Hotel Division to be responsible for analysing incoming requests and finding suitable accommodation for our Asian groups coming into Europe.
- Contacting hotels by phone, email or fax in order to discuss present and future reservations
- Select appropriate contracts and none contracted hotels according to sales requirements
- Process bookings and inputting details/rates using Miki in house system
- Negotiate rates and conditions such as cancellation and payment policies
- Provide suitable alternatives as and when required
- Produce accurate documents/reports
- General admin tasks
- Dispute handling
- Process deposits/refunds
- Negotiate book outs, compensations and cancellation charges when needed
- Prioritise workload according to deadlines
Skills and Experience
- Capable of handling high volume in a timely manner with accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional and efficient telephone manner
- Ability to Multitask
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate team working
- Loyalty and commitment when independently working
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills
- Preferred negotiation, customer service and problem solving abilities
- Positive attitude towards change and great adaptability
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications
- Previous experience within travel/hospitality industry, or admin/retail/logistics experience will be considered
- Ability to speak German would be an advantage.
- Regional knowledge of Europe.
- Previous experience within Hotel Group/FIT/Operations/Reservations
With 50 years experience in the wholesale travel industry, Miki Travel offers an exciting international working environment and you will be based in our contemporary offices in central London near to Mansion House, Cannon Street and Bank Underground stations. You will receive an attractive package with complimentary on site fitness centre and swimming pool as well as flexi-time working hours (based on 7,5 hours from Monday to Friday).